Voxengo Elephant 4.1 mastering limiter plugin released - Press Release
May 27, 2014: Voxengo Elephant version 4.1 is now available for download. Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plugin for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
This version includes the following changes:
- Extended the input gain range to +24 dB.
- Extended the output gain range to -15 dB.
- Made the "Eval" switch to not affect the output statistics.
- Extended the "Release Shape" range to 2, offers an extreme punch and "hardness", via an idealized S-curve release shape.
- Added "EL-4 BRITE" factory limiter mode.
- Made the output signal level to never exceed 1 dB over the Out Gain setting.
- Improved the "EL-4" algorithm reducing transient distortion and "boxiness": the sound is more biting less woofing now.
- Improved oversampling filters reducing chances of overshoots.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-metering. Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization without inter-sample overshoots.
Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate. Limiting process can be visualized both as gain reduction meter and real-time graph.
- Transparent signal limiting action
- 10 predefined limiter modes
- Limiter mode editor
- Optional release stage
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
- DC offset removal filter
- Waveform graph view
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 22-millisecond processing latency
Demo version of Voxengo Elephant can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/elephant/