Voxengo Elephant 3.6 mastering limiter released - Press Release
Apr 29, 2010: Voxengo Elephant update version 3.6 is now available for download. Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers.
Version 3.6 update includes the following changes:
- Real-time gain reduction and waveform graphs implemented.
- Mid/side and side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- "Density mode" implemented in level meters.
- Occasional extreme CPU overloads eliminated at the expense of average increased CPU load.
- "Pure+3" output metering mode's peak indicator is now 3 dB lower.
- "Pure" and "Pure+3" metering modes are now known as "dBFS" and "dBFS+3" modes, respectively.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- DC filter parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
- The "Show All Channel Meters" routing switch added.
- Statistics "reset" function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
- A minor issue fixed in the dithering stage.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools. Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is a new standard in quality peak limiting and loudness maximization. Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate.
- Transparent signal limiting action
- Optional release stage
- Multi-channel processing
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
- Undo/redo history
- 22-millisecond processing latency
- 10 predefined limiter modes
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
- Internal channel routing
- 64-bit floating point processing
- A/B comparisons
- Limiter mode editor
- DC offset removal filter
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Contextual hint messages
Voxengo Elephant is available for purchase on-line for USD 129.95. Voxengo Elephant demo can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/