Voxengo Elephant 3.1 released - Press Release
Oct 6, 2008: An updated Voxengo Elephant version 3.1 is now available for download. Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista computers.
Version 3.1 update includes the following changes:
- Issue with a strange signal chunk being inserted on start was fixed.
- Sonic quality of oversampling was improved.
- Higher Trans Time settings now tax CPU less.
- Channel groups can be named now.
- An issue with Ch.Linking change with oversampling in use was fixed.
- Load/Save dialog hang-up in Mac OS X 10.4 environment was fixed.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools. Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is a new standard in quality peak limiting and loudness maximization. Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate.
- Transparent signal limiting action
- 10 predefined limiter modes
- Limiter mode editor
- Optional release stage
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
- DC offset removal filter
- Multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
An introductory price offer of US$69.95 is still effective. The offer ends on 15-oct-2008. Voxengo Elephant and other plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/