Voxengo Deft Compressor 1.4 track and bus compressor plugin released - Press Release
Oct 1, 2012: Voxengo Deft Compressor version 1.4 update is now available for download. Voxengo Deft Compressor is an audio track and bus compressor plug-in for professional audio production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Note that on Mac, Deft Compressor now supports Mac OS X v10.5 and higher only, running on Intel processors. Mac PowerPC support is not available.
Version 1.4 includes the following changes:
- Key signal gain parameter added.
- Plug-in's popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- Mouse backward and forward buttons can be used for parameter value selection.
- The "Min Infrastructure" user interface display mode added.
- The "Flat Level Meters" level meter display mode added.
- Version change history information window added.
- The input level meter can be dragged now for threshold adjustment.
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
- Fixed user interface freezing on Mac OS X 10.8.
The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by compressor’s timing function that closely resembles the S-curve on both attack and release stages.
The S-curve timing function means that the attack and release stages “look” like S-curve (sigmoid curve). Such curve sonically adds a very warm coloration, without sharp edge. Beside that, S-curve on longer release times possesses a bit of “hold” time delay where it does not change. This allows the compressor to have clean, almost uncolored higher frequencies.
Deft Compressor features:
- Adjustable S-curve timing function
- “Vintage” compression mode
- Feedback compression mode
- Auto make-up gain
- External side-chaining
- Key signal filtering
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
Voxengo Deft Compressor end-user license is available for purchase on-line for US$69.95. Demo version of Voxengo Deft Compressor can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/deftcompressor/