Voxengo Crunchessor 2.6 track compressor released - Press Release
Jun 3, 2010: Voxengo Crunchessor version 2.6 is now available for download. Voxengo Crunchessor is a general-purpose track compressor for professional audio production applications. It is available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers.
Version 2.6 includes the following changes:
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- "Density mode" implemented in level meters.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- The "Show All Channel Meters" routing switch added.
Crunchessor offers you a selection of compression coloration styles--by itself a pretty unique feature for a compressor. By choosing an appropriate coloration style, you can add the character most suitable for the sound material you are working with. As an option, you can disable both coloration and valve warming processing to get a neutral and clean compression sound.
- Easy compression tuning
- Valve warmness
- Coloration styles
- External side-chaining
- Key signal filtering
- Multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
Demo version of Voxengo Crunchessor and other plug-ins can be download at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/