Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Web Site Technical Questions Redunoise crashes in Cubase 6

I just tried to use Redunoise on a vocal track in Cubase 6, and it crashed when I tried to move it from one insert slot to another, saying

Exception during "processClassReplacing": Access violation at address 97B4FBE7 in module "VoxengoRedunoise.dll".  Read of address FFD6FFFC.

http://db.tt/rK5qcvI

I don't know if this is a Cubase bug or a Redunoise bug, but since it never happend with any other plugin before, I assume that Redunoise might be the culprit.

Regards,

Steffen

Forgot to mention:

Windows 7 64 Bit, Cubase 6.0.2 32 Bit.

And I can no longer load the project while the Redunoise dll is in the path. :(

Regards,

Steffen

This issue probably happens due to the availability of more than 2GB of memory.  Redunoise can be considered a "legacy" plug-in, not designed for nowadays capabilities.

You may try to run Cubase in Windows 98 compatibility (right click on its short-cut to edit its properties).

Alternatively, you may follow the suggestion presented here: http://www.voxengo.com/qna/20/ and run the plug-in via jBridge.

If that all looks like a hassle, I can refund your Redunoise purchase since you made it just recently.

(BTW, there is a dedicated Redunoise forum available)

Well, as much as I do like your plug-ins, this is indeed too much of a hassle.  Nowadays DAWs have much more than 2 GB of RAM, and running Cubase in Win98 mode certainly is out of the question.

I'm afraid this makes the plug-in useless for me.  Is there no chance of an update?

Regards,

Steffen

Update may be released in the future, but I can't guarantee this will happen soon - we are focused in our work on a different plug-ins and matters now.  Please contact me via the Contacts page - I will do a refund.

Just wanted to say thanks for the refund.  I bought TransGainer instead.  A small company with good products at decent prices should get some support. :)

Regards,

Steffen

You are welcome!  Thanks for your support :-)
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.