Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Warmifier It's finally here! It rocks!

Last

Next

Previous

First

Awesome awesome beta update!  The new linphase sound of the plugin makes it afaik 100% identical to the age old "magic weapon" beta.  Fantastic!  It's much more "tight" and even a bit "compressey" when in Linphase mode.

Cheers!

bManic

OK, good.

We're talking Warmifier beta version 1.5a (05MAR2005)?

Yap!

Yeah, I have to say it sounds really good, sort of punchy.  What is it Aleksey, what does this Linear phase switch do, because I had thought the point of Warmifier was to accurately model various valves?

One of the important internal stages can be calculated in the linear-phase and non-linear phase modes.  That's the only difference.

In the real-world all filters are non-linear phase - would that be a factual statement, or am I being too simplistic about this?

I would say all real-world (analog) filters are causal, while all linear-phase filters are non-causal.  Of course this linear-phase mode is just an option - this does not decrease the 'already available' value of Warmifier.

I would say all real-world (analog) filters are causal, while
all linear-phase filters are non-causal.
Yes that's what I was thinking; and, of course, an interesting thing about the "virtual" world is that by circumventing the causal laws of nature you might even improve on "reality".  Nice to discuss philosophy in a plugion forum ;-)

I'm really really really diggin this version.. it's got some totally magic tightment sound in it now.  I'm using it more as a compressor now.  It's killer on percussion and drums!

Cheers!

bManic

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First