Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Warmifier difference between Warmifier and Lampthruster ?

I tried the demos of each, and as far as my ears can tell, it seems that Lampthruster is a more detailed, more sophisticated warmifier than Warmifier.

So, I wonder, why two of them, with just a slight difference in price.

Do I miss a point somewhere ?

This question arised several times already.  I answer this way:

The difference is huge, and is mainly comprised of the processing

model.  Warmifier is better at adding 'brown' color without even

hearing any obvious distortion while Lampthruster is crisp and bright

and can give a slight distortion flavor.

You should understand that the DSP code of both plug-ins is *totally* different.  The overall sound is very different, too (if you hear it obviously, of course).

Hi,

I think Warmifier is actually a much more sophisticated "warmifier" than Lampthruster.  Lampthruster is great too and can achieve more extreme effects but I love Warmifier because it does exactly what it is supposed to do.  So many so called warming plugins don't do this at all but add harshness hence actually deteriorating the sound to my ears.  The Warmifier demo has crept into nearly all my productions meaning I will be buying it soon. it's a must have in my opinion.

Ryan wrote:

The Warmifier demo
has crept into nearly all my productions meaning I will be
buying it soon. it's a must have in my opinion.
Yes, I know what you mean.  The demo's have a habit of creeping into projects, becoming indispensible, and then you have to buy the damn things ;-)

Yes.  You spend a while testing lots of equivalent plugins, removing them as they are not used then you are left with lots of Voxengo!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.