Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Warmifier Liking it a lot

Just bought this today!  Definately helping to warm things up this winter.  Thanks for the great programming and intro-pricing.  Now I know I have bugged you about this before, but have you any ideas to an approach simulation tape-saturation?  PSP Vintagewarmer is nice, but does not sound like tape to me, too harsh.  Magneto by Steinberg works *ok*, but only on drums, I don't think it sounds good enough on other sources and definately not on the summing buss.  I can't try out the Cranesong Phoenix since I do not use ProTools.  It seems the effect could be broken down into some alteration of phase to smear the sound slightly, a little eq, compressing the highest frequencies, and adding some 2nd order harmonics (others too?).  Warmifier sounds great so far on my VSTis and guitar, but I still think nothing beats drums overloading on tape.  I have tried using Studer tape impulses in combination with the Soniformer tape-compression setting, but this involves much latency and cpu.  I would be happy to help in any way developing a solution (mainly in providing info).  Anyway, kudos on the very quick development of Warmifier!

PS- a bit off topic, but have you considered making any of your other plugins besides CurveEQ skinable?  I am a fan of your simple and easy to read GUIs but I would love to play around with the graphics on warmifier or any other plugins (of course I would upload any skins to you).

Glad you liked Voxengo Warmifier!  I don't plan to implement skins for any other plug-ins, sorry for that.

As for tape saturation, again, I don't know of a way to create it.  First of all, I don't have any vintage tape machine here with me, and secondly I've never seen any indepth research of such gear.  So, can't say anything for sure right now.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.