Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer Is there a need for an exciter?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello everyone,

I was reading some of the good comments in this forum and a question came to mind...

I was wondering if it'd be possible to design a plugin dedicated to recreate the sound of an aural exciter a la Aphex.

I recognize the need for a simple exciter since sometimes you only wanna work on exciting harmonics rather than compressing or EQing (another feature I miss is the two-knob simplicity of an exciter)

I tried the BBE maximizer and to be honest I really didn't think much of it.

It'd be fun to have a plugin which would feature different exciter algorithms (by models, by decades?)

Now if you think any of Voxengo plugins does this job I'd be glad to hear your suggestions!

Thank you very much, and by the way, the reason I'm writing in this forum is because I've tried your plugins and they're very, very good and innovative.

I suggest you to use effect like Warmfier or Lampthruster - they add higher frequency 'air' in a natural way.  You may also check out the HarmoniEQ which will be released very soon - with it you may smoothly boost higher frequencies in a way beyond what an ordinary EQ offers.

Dear Aleksey,

Thanks for the advice.  I looked at Lampthruster and I think it's very close to what I need.

Thanks again and keep doing such a good work!

Best Regards from Argentina,

Martin

I'm glad you found Lampthruster to be suitable for your needs!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.