Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer In+out metering

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add somekind of in/out metering... the reason I really need that is because there is no way to tune properly the in know actually...  It is impossible to know when it is too high and when it would create clipping.  The out meter would be great also...

I realize that the GUI is very packed... one suggestion would be to put the presence settings in a separate box like you did for advanced settings.  This way there would be more space for adding meters...

And btw, since you keep adding new (fantastic) features, why don't you enlarge the gui ?

Thanks again for all your wonderful work on this plugin,

Erik.

Erik, when you are tuning the In knob, it will never clip internally - it may go far above 0 dBFS level internally.  What is most important is the output level, but I guess you can monitor it with the meters built-in in your host.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:

Erik, when you are tuning the In knob, it will never clip
internally - it may go far above 0 dBFS level internally.  What
is most important is the output level, but I guess you can
monitor it with the meters built-in in your host.
The problem is that I never have the level on the track where VoxFormer is at 0 db, and sometimes I have other plugins after voxformer... which is why an out meter would be very usefull ;-)

Erik.

I do not fully understand still.  Do you simply want to check level visually, or does the absense of such level meter create some real issues?

In digital realm level metering for each plug-in is hardly necessary as no clipping usually occurs between the plug-ins.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:

In digital realm level metering for each plug-in is hardly
necessary as no clipping usually occurs between the plug-ins.
oh I had no idea about that...  I always assumed that if a plugin output was in the "reds" then it would clip :-P

If there is no risk of creating artifacts when the level is too high then I don't need output metering with Voxengo.

Erik.

Ok I have now a good reason for out metering:

in Sonar 4 the freezing is done in 24 bits.  And so you get easily clipping in your freeze if the output of a plug is too hot.

Could there be at least a red light that would light if the level is too hot?

Erik.

PS : the Asymetric compression sounds incredible!

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I'll add a small 'clip button' which will turn red if 3 sequential clips occur on any output channel.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.