Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer Reaching For Credit Card...........NOW!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I just got done trying the demo version of this plugin...Amazing, absolutely brilliant.  I have never experienced anything that can transform a vocal track so effortlessly.  I waited far to long to dive into PC recording (I was using a modular Roland unit for a couple of years), and now I can’t believe I waited so long…so many plugins, so little timeJ As soon as I get done writing this I am off to make my purchase of Voxformer.

FYI I tried multiple instances in Sonar 3, using the included (Sonar) VST wrapper - I had no problems whatsoever.

-Why is it the coolest plugins come from Europe?  I guess it really doesn’t matter…thanks to the Internet; it truly is a small world.

P.S.  You are not charging enough for this plugin, but too late now!

Peace

John

Thanks for your comment!

...From Russia With Love...:)

Amen to that.

Welcome to the Secret Voxengo Society.

I totally agree, the Voxformer is nothing short of amazing!

I was working on a project for a friend's band and the singer/guitarist in their band is a very busy guy and we really didn't have the time to mess around with the mic placement for his vocals.  So I just put up my mic and popper stopper and away we went...  Unfortunately, my mic is a VERY bright mic (Rode NT2) so it picked up a lot of silibance (sp?) and I spent forever working with desser plugins/compressors/EQ, etc... to get a decent sound out of his voice with no luck.  Because removing the frequencies with the desser made the vocals sound dull and lifeless.

Then I downloaded the demo version of the Voxformer and was blown away!!  There was no question in my mind that I HAD to have this plugin!  After just a quick experimental 30-second tweak of the plugin the vocals sounded sooooo much better than all the other stuff I had tried before.

Even though the differences were night and day between the Voxformer and what I had before...  After I listened to it a few times I still decided that the desser was removing to much "life" from the vocal track, even with the compressors adding life back into it.  So I manually went through the whole track and lowered every silibance sound so that they didn't take your head off and used the Voxformer (without the desser engaged) and it sounds excellent!!

If I had the money, I would buy the whole lot of Voxengo plugins in a heartbeat!  So far I only have the SonicFinalizer (which looks like it is no longer available) and the Voxformer...  The Soniformer is probably going to be the next on my list.  I currently have the demo version and I love it!

Keep up the great work!!

-tkr

'Cause I don't wanna read the book, I'll watch the movie.

http://www.freewebs.com/tekker

http://tekker.dmusic.com

Thanks for your comment!  BTW, if you have any ideas on how de-esser could be improved, or if you know any software plug-in that gives good de-essing results, please let me know.

You don't have to 'buy' Soniformer if you have bought Sonic Finalizer previously.  Soniformer is the next step after it.  So it is a free version for you.

"BTW, if you have any ideas on how de-esser could be improved, or if you know any software plug-in that gives good de-essing results, please let me know."

That's the problem, I really haven't found one yet.  I don't know if it is actually possible to remove all (or most) of the "ess" frequencies without affecting the rest of the audio track (especially with the amount of silibance I had in my vocal tracks)...  I thought about using a multiband compressor set to the ess frequencies, but it'd probably take just as long to dial it in as it would just to reduce them all by hand. lol In a way, I actually kind of like doing it manually, so I can adjust each one individually.  Because some of them sounded good in the context of the song and others stood out like a sore thumb, so it's nice to be able to tweak them all separately.

"You don't have to 'buy' Soniformer if you have bought Sonic Finalizer previously.  Soniformer is the next step after it.  So it is a free version for you."

Really?  That is so AWESOME!!  I've been playing around with the demo version of Soniformer along with the Sonic Finalizer.  I use the Soniformer to balance out the track and then set the Sonic Finalizer's High/Low to the exact same settings to get a balanced "loudness" compression of the whole track.  I've gotten great results using both of them together, so I'm glad I got the Sonic Finalizer too! :)

-tkr

'Cause I don't wanna read the book, I'll watch the movie.

http://www.freewebs.com/tekker

http://tekker.dmusic.com

Hmm..  It's sad to hear de-essers do not work well in your case.  BTW, have you tried split de-essers?  I.e. they are basically split audio into three bands and control only the middle band.  BTW, Voxformer in two-band mode applies de-essing on the higher band signal, so it is also a split de-esser.

I'm also trying to find a way of combining functionality of the original SF with the latest Soniformer.  Indeed, having only high/low controls all at once makes tuning easier.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.