I find myself with no complaints generally about your plugins, my only issue is something which popped up recently: I have been forced to 64bit Live to cope with the project size, and with this I have noticed the Voxengo plugins are taking a lot more CPU than they did on my 32bit version.
I can perform a simple test:
- empty Live project, dump audio file on audio channel
- drop in Voxformer on audio channel
- open GUI
- loop audio file and press play
- with the GUI open I have CPU hits of around 40-50% on an i5 3.5 16GB OSX
- close the GUI and CPU drops to a reasonable 5%
If you need any more data to prove this, please let me know and I will do my best to capture it.
Please consider this a problem, with all 64bit GUIs you sell - I only create awareness here as it my most used plugin.
I look forward to hearing your analysis of the problem.
Update to recreate:
- empty project - cpu 3%
- load voxformer on audio channel (GUI automatically opens)
- cpu hits 35%
The only other VST host I have is Plogue Bidule, and a quick test in there doesn't reveal the same CPU issue - it seems to behave ok.
I haven't tested AU - if I get a bit of time this afternoon, I will.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived. Replying is disabled for this topic.