Support Forums Shopping Cart Log in / Register
Equalizer Plugins Compressor Plugins Saturators, Guitar Amps All AU and VST Plugins Reverbs, Spatial Imaging Mastering Plugins Harmonic Enhancers Free VST and AU PlugIns Audio Track Plugins Delay, Echo, Modulation Utility, Denoising, Analysis Drum and Cymbal Samples
Summer 2014 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer
linear-phase crossover ?

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it can be considered old.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

hey Aleksey,

I´m using Voxengo plugins for a longer time now, owning 4 of them.  I´m using Voxformer quite offen on vocals and due to the intelligent concepts your plugins are made of there are many possibilities how to get a result. one way is to use the crossover switch, deviding the signal into 2 bands, which can be compressed in parallel. the idea of doing that is absolutly great, by the way. so what I complain about is the fact, that by enabeling the 2-band-mode you can hear the crossover/the signal changes in a negative way. voice(and not only voice, think of every percussive sound too!) is a very sensitive audio signal, which everybody is used to hear. so would it be possible to implement a linear phase mode for the crossover? as it is now it´s unusable, because it chops every signal and leaves an unpleasent mess!

by the way I´m convinced that Alksey/Voxengo is the most pathbreaking company programming audio software plugins to date!

thx Aleksey

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm not keen on adding linear-phase filters since they introduce processing latency and pre-ringing, but I will probably add a switchable steepness crossover - selectable between -6,-12 and -24 dB/oct.  I think a less steeper crossover may solve phasing issues you are probably having.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it can be considered old.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Copyright © 2002-2014 Aleksey Vaneev - Questions & Answers - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - About Voxengo