Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer include brickwall limiter

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi,

I recently upgraded to V2 and really like the new features.  The only thing missing is imo a brickwall limiter that prevents clipping (settings optimised for transparency).  No controls needed, just on/of.

Is there a chance to see this soon?

cheers, drjee

Thanks for the feature request, but I personally do not think it's a good idea to include a brickwall limiter.  If you need one, Elephant can be a good option in a processing chain.

Of course, I could use elephant.  But wouldn't it be better to have it all in one plugin (and isn't that the genuine concept of Voxformer)?  If one does nor feel comfortabel with brickwall limiting, it can be switched off (which, I agree, should be the default setting).  But being able to activate one would be appreciated very much here.

I do not quite like "one button" algorithms - they rarely can suit every taste.  Also, why would you need brickwall limiting for vocals?

it's just to make sure that clipping doesn't occur, and voxformer is useful for much more than just vocal processing...

Well, Voxformer is usually used on tracks, not on master track.  When used on tracks, going over 0 dBFS is usually not a problem (modern hosts have floating point signal path).

well, I am using it on track exclusively.  I would still find a limiter useful, but it seems you are hard to convince

Yes, it's hard to convince me on the necessity of this feature.

Its not a channel strip though.  It is clearly optimized for vocals.  It could be used as one, but its not always advantageous.  Maybe Alex can make the "Former"...a complete channel strip plus limiter.

putting a brickwall limiter to the final step of a chanel strip is quite common and very useful just to make sure that no clipping occurs at peaks (not not make it super lound).
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First