Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer Voxformer eq question

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I'm a big user of voxformer, its compression is by far the easiest to use to get good sounding vocals.

But one part that sounds a little "weaker" to me is the EQ part.  Somehow I find that the equing doesn't sound pronunced.  How does Voxformer's EQ compare with the other Voxengo eqs?  Does anyone have that impression or is it just me and maybe my preamp and mic are just not good?

Erik.

I can't myself describe EQ in Voxformer as 'weak'.  It is a pretty standard equalizer.  On the other hand, future Voxformer upgrade will feature a new kind of bell filter, so this aspect of Voxformer may change for the better.

Most other Voxengo plug-ins use these filters as well, but also use some kind of non-linear behavior - dynamic equalizing or harmonic coloration.

Aleksey Vaneev: I can't myself describe EQ in Voxformer as 'weak'.  It is a pretty standard equalizer.  On the other hand, future Voxformer upgrade will feature a new kind of bell filter, so this aspect of Voxformer may change for the better.

Actually, I did not really mean "weak", maybe rather I should rather say that I feel it could be more musical sounding, it's hard to explain...  I find it difficult to give more air to the highs or cut some low mids with the EQ.  Anyway I just bought GlissEQ and now I'm all happy (btw thanks for the Christmas discounts!!) :-) GlissEQ is sounding more as "expected" especially with vocals.

I'm looking forward to hear how Voxformer will sound with the new bell filter!

Erik.

OK, thanks for your purchase!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.