Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer funny reaction

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey, it's been a while since posting here.  But I may have a quite unusual bug for you - it seems consistent though.

I was testing Voxformer, the latest version, and using your present for Medium Compression By the way, I tried other similar settings, and reinstalled Voxformer 1.7 with similar results.  Again, in demo mode; haven't bought this one.

What happened is this.  In single-channel editing using Audition 1.5, if I tried preview Voxformer worked fine.  But if I told it to completely process the short file, it took a long time, and gave me no audio as a result.  If I used the Default preset, no effect of course, but the audio came through fine.

I tried further to isolate, by using Multichannel mode in Audition.  Then I could pin this down.

- if I showed the GUI of Voxengo 1.7, it would work fine for example in Medium Compression, and properly process the audio to the output.

- if I hid the GUI of Voxengo, the normal situation, the same settings would result in a long processing time (10x), and there would be a zeroed, no-audio output.

- I then made some isolating checks to see what caused the problem in the Voxengo GUI, since it would work if zeroed by Default settings.  The problem showed to be the right-hand filter setting (rechecked so I am sure it's so).

- If that right-hand filter, which is a sharp low-pass at medium-high frequency in Medium Compression, is disabled by right-clicking until disabled, then Voxengo will process properly also with the GUI hidden (normal way).

- if there is a setting of any type of filter for that right-hand 'target', then no output if the GUI is hidden.  The long processing seems to occur just for the sharp-cutoff low-pass alternative of the filter.

This is of course quite 'unusual', but as we know, that's software.  Hope I gave you all the needed details.

Kind regards, and nice to see you've completed the 'refactoring' step on your house of software.  Interested to see what your next ideas will be.

Narratino

Thank you for the bug report, I will be checking it.

Hi again, Aleksey.

I just thought it would be useful to tell you, that this problem was not present in earlier Voxformer releases that I loaded, starting 2 years ago.

I'm not sure when it turned up, but possibly just with this 1.7 version, or recent to it.

Hope it helps,

Narration

Thanks for the further details!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.