Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer De-esser not working properly

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

The de-esser in v1.7 is not working properly.  When playing full spectrum pink noise thru Voxformer and manipulating the de-esser's threshold, center, ratio and width, the entire spectrum as viewed in the eq window (and also in Span) is moved and it is not frequency specific.  In other words it is acting as a full spectrum compressor, not a frequency specific compressor.

Even though, I have replied via e-mail already, I'll duplicate my answer (for others):

De-esser in Voxformer always worked that way.  However, it reacts on sibilant sounds only.  Also, when you enable both compressors with crossover, de-esser works on higher spectrum part.

(my email response for others) OK, that makes sense.  The de-esse controls are for the detection circuit and the reduction is full spectrum (or higher spectrum if using both comps with crossover), but it only happens on the event of the sibilant sound.  Thanks for the quick reply!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.