Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer Voxformer's cpu consumption

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Cheers Aleksey,

the new host Reaper explecitly reports the cpu consumption for every loaded plugin and so I checked several plugins for their performance.

While doing this I discovered that Reaper reports more than 2% of cpu-usage for Voxformer on my XP2600+ when all of Voxformer's modules are switched off in normal mode and even about 4,5% in high-quality mode.  Can this be?

Why does Voxformer apparently consume so many cpu cycles just for passing the audio trough without processing it in any way?

I'm confused.

High-quality mode requires additional processing - even if no modules were enabled.  It is also important to check CPU use with the user interface closed, because UI consumes CPU for doing spectrum analysis.  It should consume around 0.3% when after 'Reset' and UI closed.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.