Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer about the mic pre-amp together with voxformer

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

hey , i read some of the posts about the voxformer and elephant and i see that alexey is the person to answer most of the time so this one is for you ..

i use a joe meek pre-amp called Qthree and a SE 2200 elektronics mic..

i like my pre-amp a lot because it gives off a lot of warmth to the vocals , i was just wondering sindse i'm new to usin plugins.. is it okay to compess with the joe meek like i usually do and then compress again with the voxformer? or should i just record things dry and let the voxformer do it,s thing? and those presets called rap 1-4 ... you made those espessially for rappers man?

I think it is OK to use compression of your pre-amp as long as it is not excessive.  Double compression is OK as long as it sounds good.  With vocals this usually does sound decent most of the time. "Rap" presets are indeed were designed for spoken vocals.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.