Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Voxformer consider an expander / gate option?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Wow, I'm really impressed with Voxengo plugins...

Loving Voxformer and wondering if you would consider the option of making the gate an expander?  With vocals (and may other instruments) an expander can be more useful than a gate.

A gate it either full on or full off.  Sure there's a little release and attack adjustment that can be done, but other than drums, a gate can be very noticible.

An expander would allow you to set the depth of reduction (or depth of gating) and might give the options for slope (or ratio), attack, release, etc.  If done well, an expander can remove room or headphone noise from tracks and do a much nicer job of working transparently.  A nice outboard expander/gate is an Aphex 622 if anyone wants to read more about expanders.

Waves ren channel strip does a nice job of allowing a gate or expander.  In expander mode, the options you can change are threshold, floor (how deep to reduce the gain) and release.  It does wonders on a vocal track, or anything musical where a gate is too abrupt.

Thank you for considering!  The plugin is amazing.

Sean

Thank you for your request.  I will add this to my plan for the future (not the nearest one, unfortunately).
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.