Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     VariSaturator Logic 8 'Bounce' Crash

Last

Next

Previous

First

Every time I do a 'bounce' with 'Vari' it finishes the bounce (24 bit/44.1) then leaves Logic in a 'beachball of death' state requiring me to force quit.  Otherwise everything works normal (which was why I purchased, this is a purchased version).  I didn't think to 'bounce' before buying as the silencing of the output would have made that bounce unusable.

OSX 10.4.11 / Logic 8.0.1 /Built-in Audio

Machine Name: PowerBook G4 17"

Machine Model: PowerBook5,9

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.5)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.67 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.9.6f0

Thanks for the problem report, I'm sorry for this problem.  We'll be fixing it ASAP.

By the way, can you reproduce this crash just by creating a single-track project, adding a sound file to it, inserting VariSaturator and then bouncing?

Thank you for your quick reply.

Well, it was a single track session (Reaktor 5 -> Varisaturator), which when VRS was removed bounced OK.  I then bounced with the ONLY change being the removal of VRS and 33 files later no problems.  Certainly, when I have a chance I will try your instruction so as to confirm and add to any information how this particular crash happens.

Of special note concerning VRS stability, since my intent tonight involved non-tempo locked criteria, I actually still used VRS by playing the same Logic sessions "live" into Audio Hijack Pro RUNNING VRS (AU) as a plug-in with no problems.  So the 'bounce-then crash' seems VERY specific to the circumstance of Logic 8 'bouncing'.

As I mentioned before, VRS was perfectly stable in playing files through Logic on all counts, this 'bounce' crash being the only anomaly after using it for 12 hours in several alternative scenarios (so far).

Otherwise loving it (nice job overall on both the audio and visual aspects) and hope you will continue to make more of your 'reportoire' available to us Mac users ;-)

OK, thanks for your description.

By the way, have you got a crash report?  If next time it crashes, please send me the crash report to info@voxengo.com

Well, I think I've understood the problem.  Logic does not crash, but it 'hangs', is this correct?

Yes, exactly...no actual 'crash' (my bad concerning semantics), just a 'hang' as you put it...so no report is generated.  Just the 'beachball' requiring the 'force quit' action.  File finishes (and is usable) but Logic requires restart after the 'bounce'.

Actually, this is not a crash, but a bit of a short-coming.  You just need to wait some time before it 'unfreezes', but it does unfreeze.  I'll fix this in the next update (this may take a week) as I know the cause of the hang.

Hmmm, I waited several minutes but will try waiting longer next time.  Thanks.

Sorry, been busy but when I did go back to same sessions to check, it now bounced fine!  I had since run all my cron scripts and repaired permissions (part of my general weekly regimen) so perhaps that solved it?  Will delve back into it this weekend and let you know ;-)
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First