Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Transmodder Sense parameter

"Sense parameter adjusts the sensitivity of the analyzer: e.g. if the sensitivity is higher, the analyzer will detect almost all level changes.  When the sensitivity is low, only high-power 'stable' transients will be detected."

I do not get this entirely : first it does not seem to make a big difference, second on low level material with some peaks (with differences in dynamic as big as 40 dB) I would expect putting sens to 0.2 (why doesn't it go to 0.01 ?) would make the analyser react only to the bigger peaks ?  This is not what I get ...

Anyway, despite this : an AMAZING plugin.

I cannot tell you what I just did with it, I would get shot by the highend classical audio community ;-)

Sold.

Yannick

Now something just became clear (maybe).

Does the analyzer react to the rate of change of the audio, ie NOT to an absolute level ?

Then the sense parameter makes more sense to me.

Another question, the level grp feature is completely incomprehensible to me, and quite subtle as well, could you elaborate a little ?

thanks.

First of all, peaks are detected irregardless of the absolute signal volume: what is most important is the level difference.  Large Sense values allow Transmodder to detect small level differences (e.g.  0.5 dB) while smaller values force it to detect strong level differences (like 3 dB) in the given timeframe (specified by the Time parameter). (These 'dB' figures are only comparative examples - in action, the actual figures can be different).

Level grouping is actually a simple concept.  For example, in the 'Med' state you can get 0.7, 0.4, 0.9 transient envelope levels.  Then in the 'High' state you'll get something like 0.85, 0.7, 0.9 while in the 'Low' state you'll get 0.5, 0.2, 0.9.  So, it works something like a scaling function.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.