Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Bug ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I was getting to know soniformer (v2.3) on a mates PC, checking out presets on a track of mine.  Trying the big club punch preset caused clipping in one point where the track has a reversed kick whoomping in.  Anyway i though this was just overs so i set the SAMP limiter thinking this would fix it but it didn't.  Thinking there might be something wrong with the limiter i lowered the track output volume to a level where it wasn't actually clipping byt the the clipping was still audible.  Adjusting the out knob to a lower level seemed to fix it but oddly so did inserting elephant after soniformer.  My question is this : since the plug is 32 bit should not the lowering of the track volume have fixed it ?  What is the problem ?

From your description this does not sound like Soniformer's problem.  Probably it has something to do with the output level - it probably produces peaks over 0 dBFS in your case while SAMP limiter (was it Samplitude limiter?) does not handle floating point input well.  In this case lowering the Main Out knob in Soniformer is the best solution - you may increase the output volume back in that SAMP limiter.

You are absolutely right Aleksey.  I'm afraid the fault was all mine (or my mates).  He'd set the audio engine to 16 bit internal precision for writing a cd and i had no clue.  Well i must tell you something amazes me in this story.  It's that even when soniformer was apparently clipping elephant seemed to restore the clipping.  So what's with Elephant - not only does it prevent clips it also restores them ????????????

No, Elephant does not restore the clipping.  It's just happens that two floating-point plug-ins in sequence passed data to each other in high resolution whereas native Samplitude plug-in clipped it according to the settings.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.