Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Spectrum Speed & Inertia ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

What do the increments of the spectrum speed indicate?  I noticed (maybe coincidently) that an inertia of -15dB allows the spectrum to fall -15dB if I'm running a 440Hz tone burst with 1sec of tone followed by 1 sec of silence.

I use spectrum speed quite a bit so I can change the view from various degrees of averaging and real time - just trying to understand what the numbers mean.

Thanx

It is an averaging parameter.  Spectrum is updated 15 times per second, on each update previously displayed spectrum gets combined with the newly acquired spectrum.  This averaging parameter is used as a coefficient in this combination.  If this parameter is A, current spectral bin is B and the previous spectral bin is B', then we have the following formula:

B' = ( 1 - A ) * B' + A * B

So, the larger the A is (it's in dB scale, BTW), the faster spectrum updates with the newer values.

If this parameter is equal to -3 dB, spectrum falling speed will be -10.7 dB * 15 FPS = -160 dB per second. -10.7 is derived from ( 1 - A ).

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.