Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Threshold Learn feature ???

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey - do you see any use for this?

Suppose I slow down the spectrum update speed to something like -35dB then hit a 'Learn' button so the threshold would kind of cling or wrap itself around the spectrum shape.

I do this quite often manually - it takes about 3 minutes but I was wondering if it might lend itself to automation like a Learn feature similiar to what you have in Redunoise.

The effect this has is that I have set a threshold that is pretty much the average dB for each band.  Then I just adjust the ratio for how much gain reduction I want for each band.  Since the threshold is pretty low it doesn't take much to get a nice sounding 0dB to -2dB nominal gain reduction happening to smooth out things that need it across the entire spectrum.  If I speed up the spectrum to -5dB then I can set the gain reduction speed as fast or slow as I like using attack and release - have to listen also obviously...

Anyway 'Learn Threshold' (according to spectrum update speed) would let me set this up pretty fast and I could work my way down the crest of the wave by setting various spectrum speeds and taking a threshold 'snapshot' ... maybe I'm mixing snapshot & averaging into the same feature but you probably know what I mean.

Maybe this is something for a rainy day in the future ?

I do not feel like this feature could be generally useful.  Thank you for describing it anyway.  Maybe I'll change my mind someday.

OK - thanks for thinking about it !
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.