Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Axis Labels / Band Solo / Freehand Drawing?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I downloaded the Soniformer Demo - it is simply amazing!  I am stunned at the depth and sound shaping possibilities of this tool!

I have three questions:

1) I understand that the Y axis label on the RIGHT of the edit window shows the range of adjustment for the currently selected envelope being edited, but what does the Y axis label on the LEFT of the edit window represent (scale is -5 to 5)?  I am guessing that the scale on the right applies to all parts of the selected envelope, and the left scale is some other constant?

2) Can you Solo a band or group of bands in SF to hear just what's going on in a certain frequency range?

3) I read another post stating you can draw freehand envelope curves in CurveEQ.  Is this also possible in SF?

Thanks!

Y axis on the left shows scale of the meters you see on the background.

You can't solo bands in Soniformer.  I'll consider adding this feature, but I do not see its usefulness.

Freehand drawing is not possible as in CurveEQ.  Again, I'll consider implementing it.

Thank you very much for the quick response!

I was thinking that soloing one or more bands could be a very quick way to identify, then tame, resonant peaks or vocal sibalance on a less than perfect Master.  However, I do not have a great deal of experience in this regard.

If you think these problems would be better addressed by using a different working method in Soniformer (or a different Voxengo tool altogether), I am interested in hearing your thoughts.

I guess it is much easier to detect resonant peaks by adjusting the threshold envelope and hearing how this affects the sound.  I.e. in resonant areas the effect will be most evident.  Of course the Ratio envelope should be finetuned first.

If you want to solo particular bands, put a bandpass filter in front of it in the chain.  Even a parametric EQ would probably help, it may not be perfect but it should at least narrow your search area.

CascadeHush, that's a good suggestion.  I'll probably try to implement exactly this into Soniformer.

CascadeHush - Thanks for the suggestion!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.