Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer @ Aleksey, Re : expander ratios

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi

It's not urgent at all.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to have more extreme ratios in any future updates?

I would like to use soniformer as a multiband upward expander for extreme noise reduction.  I often find that this works better in some cases than fingerprint reduction, especially for more complex background noises - and is certainly far better than normal broadband expanding / gating.

Having 32 bands would make soniformer brilliant for this I think.

However, I'm not able to push the expander ratios high enough at the moment to be able to get enough gain out of the bands.

I understand that such extreme ratios would not be suitable for many occasions, so a switchable 'extreme' mode would be perfect for this.

Is this something you would consider implementing?  It would make soniformer even more useful for me.

Thanks

I plan to use the range "12:1 to 1:6" in the next major update.  I think this should be adequate.  Beside that, the next version will have the "Range" envelope that can be used to limit compression or expansion.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.