Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Can compressor part be turned off to save CPU?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Better to stick with what you're good at I suppose.  Anyway, I prefer things as they are, otherwise I would have bought Ozone instead.

I recommend using Soniformer for m/s processing in certain situations.  Here's a typical example:

Say you have a tune that you've rendered and noticed that the vocals in the middle were too low.  What do you do?  Simple, you compress the side of the tune a bit.  Of course this only works if you've got most other material at the sides and no loud drums in the middle as all info in the middle will get louder.  Also, multiband compression can sometimes be much more beneficial than using EQ to correct a slight frequency imbalance on the side or mid signal as it will "move" and breathe with the music instead of being static like un-automated EQ.  Also compressing the side signal you can fine tune the stereo width of the material (well what you really tune is the amplitude of certain frequencies in the side signal but it will sound like tuning the width).

In short: Try soniformer in mid-side mode sometimes.  It's extremely useful IMO.

Cheers!

bManic

I also like to use stereo processing feature of soniformer (narrowing of the stereo field on some frequency regions in my case).  So I also vote for the ability to disable the compressor.  But may be Aleksey can make separate plug with soniformer kind of stereo processing across the frequency band and even with more then 32 split bands?  It would be great to implement span/glissEQ type of spectrum analyzer in this future plug as the background for stereo width envelopes.

I will probably just add a 'compression disable' switch.  This indeed should free considerable CPU resource.

This would be awesome!  Thanks!

This is already implemented in the latest v2.3 beta.

Veeery nice!  Thank you!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First