Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Parabolic

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Thanks for your comments.  But I can't understand your point - do you see any problems with such compensation?

Hi Aleksey - I was just trying to understand what it was first even though you mention in the help file it's a parabola type curve around 700Hz.

I was using Soniformer2 to repair guitar and vocal resonances in the midrange areas last night and switched it in and out - for what I was doing (repair work) it is pretty subtle compared to the multiband ratio and thresholds I was setting (like some jagged teeth).

This is not to say that parabolic is not an important feature - I just didn't get a chance to notice as 4KHz (a resonance about 1/3 octave ) was poking me in the eye like a sharp stick - Soniformer2 fixed that quite nicely though.

I did get another thought (maybe it's a complication) wondering if it would be good to have an adjustable knee - has this been mentioned - it sounds familiar...I really like what I can do with that in Polysquasher.

I'll try and pay more attention to the parabolic now !

I don't really know what the parabolic mode does but I tend to use it much more than the 'normal' mode.  In short, I like it.  What kylen meant with the 'frown' and which I can confirm is that in parabolic mode it's a little less bright than in normal mode. so it's a parabol with 'dips' at the low end and high end.

Ex.

_ _

/ \ / \

\__/

Heh, lets see how this little ascii thing turns out :).

Ack.. it didn't work..

Yes, exactly, it has those 'dips' in the highs and lows.  But that was made intentionally, otherwise sound becomes too thin and boxy.

Which is exactly what most 'bad' mixes that I've had to fix need.  Bloody brilliant I say.  Thanks again Aleksey for this very powerfull plugin.

Cheers!

bManic

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First