Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Parabolic

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Aleksey, can you explain the parabolic option in a little more depth?

This is an experimental spectrum compensating algorithm.  After this 'Parabolic' option has been enabled, your goal is to get a mostly horizontal output spectrum (Pre Out Gain option should be disabled).  Of course, this may not give great results in all cases, but I guess you can get a good spectral balance very fast following this guideline.  Later you can tune the eq to emphasize elements important for the program material (i.e. bass and highs for dance music).

You don't have to rely on this option, but I hope it proves to be useful.

Hi Aleksey,

Is Parabolic compensation accomplished before or after the dynamics processing ?

Is it some type of linear gain applied to certain portions of the frequency spectrum in a weighted manner ?

It is applied before dynamics.  So, Input spectrum is shown with this curve in effect.

Yes, it is simply a static gain adjustment curve.  BTW, you may check the latest demo files available on the Soniformer page.  They were done using this compensation curve.

I like this mode but it would be good if it the preset saved the setting of it.  As it is now it doesn't save the mode.  Also chaning A/B should change this mode.  Actually, why not try to add it somewhere on the front panel? :)

Cheers!

bManic

I may add this mode as a switch within a preset, but later.  Right now I'm interested in your comments about this mode.

It works quite well.. sound wise.  I'm not really following the suggestions on how to use it but somehow it makes it easier to controll a bright top end.  I just noticed that I get quicker results with it.

I'm gonna try it out tonight a bit more - I'm guessing it kind of does a pre-emphasis on the highs and lows like a parabola-smile but I haven't spent much time with it yet.

Now that I just got my new Senn HD600 cans I'm testing that out too - I know not too much but I have to tear my speaker setup down so I'll need to use something good temporarily ! :)

oops - It's a frown to dip the extreme lows and highs a touch...

yup, that's my experience also.  It dips the highs a little which is good IMO, atleast for most mixes.

Congratulations on getting the HD600's :) .  Nice pair of headphones they are.  Now make sure you 'learn' them well as they have a tendency to make everything sound nice.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First