Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer New version - new functions: Saturation

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to a next version of Soniformer - one of your best and most versatile plug-ins!

Since I know you've been doing a lot of research in harmonic saturation I thought a nice new option would be to be able to add saturation [tape/tube-like and beyond] in the same fashion as with the other functions in Soniformer [at different levels of the frequency spectrum].  A threshold setting would also be very welcome.

Could this be implemented..?

Any time schedule for an update?

Kind regards,

Mads

Thanks for the suggestion.  I can't guarantee such function will be implemented since Soniformer is a mastering compressor.  Adding a feature like that will put it into an "undefinable" category.

I understand your comment, but on the other hand: mastering is often a result of a well judged combination of transparent/surgical tools and different types of harmonic-saturation, typically from a line of outboard gear.  And I simply thought how nice it would be to be able to use saturation in some parts of the spectrum, more than others, which could be useful in some mastering scenarios, if done right.  Anyhow I understand if you want to keep it clean.

I hope you have other interesting features up the sleeve in the coming Soniformer3.

When can we expect it?

I will have to think about it.  It may be better just to add a new kind of transfer function and allow extreme Attack and Release settings - it should work as saturation.

I can't tell now when Soniformer3 can be expected.

Careful Aleksey,

It's very important that features are clearly and easily separated.  Soniformer should not introduce saturation unless we really ask for it.  Let it be a feature of it's own or forget my request.

The most important is definately optimal sound quality combined with clear functionality and advanced and precise editing.  To be able to do everything from tiny subtle adjustments for mastering already fine mixes to highly tweakable rescue tools for the bad ones.

You came a long way with Soniformer2 but since that plugins in the same vein has been released from other developers and I'm sure Soniformer3 can be taken a step further!

Best hopes and wishes for the update!

Mads

OK, thanks for discussion!

I agree about the saturation.  Adding a multiband saturation stage after compression would make Soniformer the most amazing plugin ever.  I use it on guitar busses, vocal busses, 2 buss, smashing room mics, bass sometimes, etc....  A gentle, mostly 2nd order harmonic saturation/transient softening stage would be great!!!!  Or hell, just make a 32 band Saturation-former plugin:):) :)

Oh and when are you releasing HarmoniEQ 2?  I need more filters and hp lp please.

HarmoniEQ 2 will be released in the future, with a lot features refined, but release date is not set.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.