Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Log vs Linear view

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

After you get the current set of changes implemented I was wondering if you might consider a log view ?

I guess I'm visualizing using a log view and just setting some smooth sounding threshold, attack, release and ratio curves - I guess they would be simple slopes in my vision when using the log setting.  In other words fast attack in the highs that slopes to a longer attack towards the lows.  Or a higher threshold for the highs and a diagonal line that slopes to lower threshold for the bass.

Then if I need to repair something I can still always make some wacky peaky looking 'curves' or envelope in either log or linear mode.

Anyway it's just a possible thought for a future update.  Just an experiment I wanted to try - I don't know if i would be faster or sound smoother that way or not.

-Kyle

What do you mean?  Spectrum analyzer in Soniformer2 is already using log scale.

Wow - thanks that was fast !

hehe I guess I didn't think to check if it was linear or log - I'm at work so I'll give it another look when I get home.  Maybe that's why it sounds so smooth already !

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.