Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Using Soniformer for Mastering

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello,

Does DX support Voxengo Plug-ins support?

Can you use Voxengo in Soundforge & CD Architect?

When you start mastering with voxengo, do you have to master all the tracks that you want to master all at once with the same mastering settings?

Or do you have to master the tracks separately with different mastering settings?

I believe if you do the last question, the album will not sound as different tracks joined as one.

Let me know.

B'

DX support is available through VST-DX adapter.  You can check out one at http://www.cakewalk.com

I guess, most of the settings should be fine-tuned for every track.  It is mastering engineer's task to make everything sound uniform.  Software itself cannot do this automatically since it is only a helping instrument.

So let's say you got 6 tracks that you want to master, they are fine-tuned (with fine-tuned you mean the final-mix?) for every track, to make everything sound uniform, will you use 1 mastering setting?

Limit/maximize all tracks at-once?

Exactly to make them sound uniform, if they are not uniform, you cannot use a single setting.  However, if the differences are in the EQ balance only, you can apply different EQ setting for each tracks and THEN use the same Mastering Compressor/Limiter setting for each track.  But this will work only if your tracks were tracked and mixed equally, with the same instrument set.

Aleksey Vaneev,

You've answered my Question.

Thank you very much.

B'

Thank you for the support forum.  I recently purchased the Soniformer, CurveEQ, and Elephant combo and am trying to learn how to use them effectively.  I am trying to master my cd with them and have a simple question.

Once my mixdown track is complete, I open Soniformer within Sonar as an effect.  After I get an acceptable balance should I bounce to track in order to save the setting on the track and then go to Curve EQ and do the same process before I go to Elephant.  Or, do I open all three at the same time then procees and save the file.  Thanks for your reply and help.

For easier control you may *chain* all three on the main bus.  You may even have all of them open at once (if you have a higher resolution display).  All settings are being saved within your project, they will be recalled whenever you load this project again.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.