Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer 2 questions about the gain controls

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey,

I know that the frequency points that are specified now in Soniformer are @ 20Hz and 20kHz and that all other bands are interpollated.  Is it possible to have an option to specify these points, for example to put them @ 80Hz and 15kHz?  Maybe only for the Gain controls...  Because now when I boost the highs, the highs around 20k are boosted the most, which is not always what I want, the same goes for the lows.

Another question:

Is +10db at the highs and +10 db at the lows exactly the same as +10db wet signal?  If so then is it possible for you to add a mid gain control?  So we can use Soniformer to boost the lows and the highs without boosting the mids or vice versa?  It seems it would not be to difficult to make and it would give the user more control over the sound. (possible extra would be a slope control for the gain curve from low to mid and from mid to high)

Mo'

PS.  This is just thinking out loud.  If it doesn't make any sense please say so...

All this makes sense.  I'm currently reworking Soniformer in some aspects, and possibly I'll try to make it envelope-driven, with a kind of a spectrum analyzer.  You will be able to add points to the envelope.  This will, however, make things a little more complicated, but you will also get some more real control.  Of course, the overall sound will remain the same, and I'll try to get >48 kHz samplerates working.

Great!  Thanx for your responce.  I'll be looking out for the changes.

Ditto - thanks for working on those features Aleksey I'm interested...good suggestions Mo' Bass

Thanx kylen.  Now head to the downloads and go try version 2 :)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.