Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Max Gain reduction display value

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

Maybe these would be good features worth thinking about:

1.  Max Gain Reduction value - in addition to the full spectrum gain reduction lights a single value (maybe displayed every 1 second or 2) that shows the single highest max gain reduction (because of compression) in a little box.

2.  Max Gain Expansion value - in addition to the full spectrum gain reduction lights a single value (maybe displayed every 1 second or 2) that shows the single highest max gain expansion (because of the expander) in a little box.

3.  Spectrum lights update speed - off, realtime, one second, five seconds.  Maybe saving some cpu in case 2 or more of these are stacked.

4.  Reduction/Expansion range - maybe 2 seperate settings.  The max gain change in db that will be processed based on the ratio setting. (Ed.  A gain or expansion limit in other words)

Thanks,

kylen

I'll think about these things, but I really don't see like they are something totally useful.

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, having only just recently bought the 4 plugin package with Soniformer.  Love the plugins.  Anyway, having seen this post, I thought that maybe what would be more useful than a maximum gain reduction applied, would be if gain reduction part of each band were a different colour.

for example, if the input signal for a band was -20 db, and the compression was such that 4 db of gain reduction was applied, then -20 to -24 db could be in red, and -24 db and below could be in green.  Similarly, expansion could be shown in yellow perhaps.

Just a thought, but I think it would help useability and improve the look of the gui at the same time.  Of course, one can do the maths to get the same answer, but seeing it visually (and changing) can help alot.

Yes I know we're supposed to use our ears (-:

Regards

- Alex

Hi hydrazoan !

Aleksey will be along shortly but a lot has changed since I posted this - Soniformer2 has been released around Feb 2004 and takes care of all of those issues for me - Soniformer2 is very visually and statistic oriented!

Where would you like to see this coloring applied? 'In+out' mode or 'gains' mode?

Sorry, I've actually got Soniformer2 and I hadn't noticed the gains bit.  Also, I've just noticed the fact that the ins+out DOES in fact display this - by virtue of showing the in + out levels.  I think what hid it from me, was that they're both in shades of blue - it would be clearer if they were colours that contrasted better - e.g. blue and yellow.

Thanks

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.