Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Automatic Makeup Gain and AGC ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

It doesn't appear that Sonic Finalizer uses any kind of automatic makeup gain and probably doesn't need the option.  Each of the gain controls for Hi and Low band are static type controls used for balancing I think.

If I wanted to compress the signal a bit using Sonic Finalizer but then wanted some automatic makeup gain then I guess I would put ElephantHQ after it and get it to maximize a bit.  I guess I could do the same using CurveEQ and use a volume maximizer preset.

Does that sound about right if I wanted to apply a touch of automatic gain makup like some compressor/AGC combinations use?

Thanks,

kylen

Yes, that sounds OK, but you can also use 'Out' knob for make-up gain in Sonic Finalizer itself.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.