Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Sonic Finalizer Detector Type ??

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

OK Aleksey, Thanks for the good info as usual.

I just found some good meters (spectrum, peak, rms) today too that might help me along with the VU averaging meters I've been using, and the SF gain reduction meters of course....Now I can see down into the rms area a little better I think.

http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/inspector/index.html

kylen

ps Forgot to mention to the readers the Inspector meters are free, along with the free VU meters with swinging needles (pspaudioware.com).  They're VST also.  I can't quite hear like a M.E. yet so I thought I'd share some good (?) metering.

kylen - How were the VU swinging needles from pspaudioware useful?  I couldn't get used to them no way, especially compared to analog VU.  Ditto for the Vintage Warmer meters.  I'm still looking for a good "analog"-style VU meter, if there is such a thing. -- BTW Aleksey, after dithering, any plans of going over to the dark side of noise reduction?  I'd love to see what you did that...

Regards,

John

Hi John,

I got the free PSP VU meters to calm down a bit by damping them or something and got into their 'swing' so I could see the average.  I also had to readjust the scale of course.  You could also try putting them in PPM mode where you can really damp them good (Ed.  16JUL - sorry John this was a dumb thing to say - we're talking about averaging meters not PPM peak - the world is full of these).  I know what you mean though they're tricky - and I only use the VM meters to see gain reduction.

You might have better luck with the rms Inspector I'm just now trying or something else I just found called rms buddy:

http://www.smartelectronix.com/~destroyfx/extras/

Let me know if you find something good too.

Thanks,

kylen

ps: I forgot to mention I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 and Sonar 2.2 hosts

I have not tried to build a noise reduction plug-in yet.  I understand this technology, but I don't feel right now like I can create something better than any of the existing approaches (Sonic Foundry's noise reducer, DartPro, etc).
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First