Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer SF 1.1e poping every second using Sonar

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello Aleksey,

After running on SF 1.1a on SONAR 2.1 all weekend I decided to try the SF 1.1e version with the much anticipated gain reduction lights.

Sonic Finalizer now makes about 2 pops per second loud enough to mask the audio.  I uninstalled SF 1.1a first and then manually removed the dll from my appropriate directory.

I install the SF plugin using your installer, then use the VST Adapter installer from cakewalk (v4.3) to install it, register the product using your tool, then manually move VoxengoSonicFinalizer.dll to the same directory as all my other working Voxengo plugins (because of the Cakewalk bug - dir name is Voxengo).

My upgrade has disabled my ability to use Sonic Finalizer for some reason - please help !  I think I may have an installation problem of some type so I'm uninstalling and trying different methods.  CurveEQ and Ye Ole ElephantHQ work fine but I didn't reinstall those today.

Thank you, Kyle

Hi Aleksey,

An update.  My Sonar buffer settings have been 100ms from day one.  When I decrease the latency to 20 ms the pace of the pops speed up and the pitch increases.  When I set the latency to 350ms the problem goes away.

Did something change on your side related to this ?  Now I'm worried about buffer settings and thinking I'll be introducing some inaudible pops into my stuff only to have them become audible sometime in the future - paranoia !

I'll wait to see what you think about all of this.

Thank you again...

Please, search of VoxengoSonicFinalizer files.  Maybe it's still sticked in some location.

Popping audio is a strange problem.  All I did to the SF is added meters, I have not changed audio part considerably.

Please, write me to info@voxengo.com when you have some time and I'll give some test versions.

Hi Aleksey,

Everything works fine with the new Sonic Finalizer version 1.1h I downloaded and installed from your site today.  I have run the product in the latest SONAR 2.2 with latency down to 10ms (the minimum setting in SONAR) and all is fine.  I used Cakewalk VST Adapter 4.3 to run your VST plugin.  I consider this issue closed.

I would like to thank you for the extra effort you put in to fixing this bug even though there was a workaround.  The level of quality and enthusiasm you give to your products and customers is simply amazing.  I know this first hand as some of the larger vendors have not solved major and critical issues that have been reported many months ago.

Oh yes, and thank you for the lights.  I can see what I'm doing a lot better now with the real-time gain adjustment metering.

This is a "5 Star" quality and service web store.  Now I can go off to the music where I belong !

Thank you,

KyleN

Thanks for your support, Kylen!

I think larger companies simply run bigger products and in larger quantities, so they just don't want to spend much resources for immediate answering on every issue.  Maybe they also make use of the help of contract developers which cannot guarantee the first-hand help.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.