Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Sonic Finalizer additions!!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Alexey, you should really add the mid. band so that the SF would be more balanced, and an over all a better Finalizer ( True 3 band Balance).  More presets would be cool too for different instruments, and better cpu usage for multiple instances would be nice too.  Over all this is an AWSOME Plugin.  Those would be the things you should add: Mid Band, more presets for other instruments,vocals, snare, kick, drums etc.

lovemuzic FOREVER!!! :)

A mid band set of controls and perhaps a quadratic interpolation -- could be interesting.  The danger is in overcomplicating the FX, but it would be good to have precise control over the midband.

Andrew Milne

This is out of the scope of SF.  Somebody would like to see curves for all the controls, but this will make SF a total mess.  Mid band won't add much control while it will burden the plug-in a lot.

I want to remind you that before using SF it is HIGHLY suggested to get at least a decent frequency balance (without too deep holes in it).

And only after this SF starts to work, because it makes use of the paradigm of the 'straight frequency spectrum line' (hence it uses only TWO sets of controls).  If frequency balance is FAR from it, there will be problems which you will try to solve with SF.  But SF won't allow you to solve those.  So, instead of fighting SF collaborate with it.

Alexey, I don't have any problems with mixing, or balancing frequencies in a mix.  I just made a suggestion that I thought could be cool in the SF plugin.  I understand what your saying, but what about more presets?? :)

lovemuzic FOREVER!!! :) :)

Hi,

Name is Ron – Trance producer in Europe

Just wanted to say that the MID is really really missing

And you should really add the mid because this will

Make the SF the best compressor ever just clear and smooth

And well balanced

I fill it every time I use it – I need more control on my mid's

Thanks

I hope this will help to make the finest product ever

The thing is that the ideal spectral balance doesn't really follow a straight line.  Most mastered mixes follow a linear spectrum between 80-160 Hz to 6 - 12KHz, dropping at 4 - 6dB per octave.  But outside that range frequency the spectrum usually rolls off.  I think that is why a midband control would be useful.  An alternative concept, however, might be if we could choose a target spectrum, and let sonic finaliser automatically calculate the thresholds according to the attack times chosen (attack priority), or attack times automatically calculated once thresholds have been chosen (threshold priority) -- this may be a nonsensical idea, but maybe it has some validity.

Seems like I've overlooked attack/release side in the SF from the very start.  Let's see if the next updated version also helps with mids.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.