Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer **Feature Request** - CurveEQ Spectrum Captures

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

EmptyPlanet: If you implemented this curve capture and made it seemless, you would be the ONLY competition for that plugin.  When I first heard of DSM, my first thought was of Soniformer.

When I heard about DSM the first time I also thought about Soniformer.  What I can say is that I would love if Soniformer could be developed further to be able to, amongst other things, do something like DSM can...!

Best,

Mads

Right now I can't promise Soniformer will get any "automatic" functions.

Oh my, Aleksey, if you can, spend a few moments watching the intro video.  It explains the concept very clearly.  I think you'll be surprised how very close it is to Soniformer already, in a way.  Essentially it uses the many multiple bands of compression to compress to the curve captured of the program material, so the compression is extremely musical.  One can also capture sweet moments of the program material, and DSM will smooth and even out any harsh peaks or anything that needs de-essing, as at it's most severe setting it won't let the material rise above the captured spectrum.  Again, that process winds up sounding remarkably musical.

How much effort you'd be willing to spend on Soniformer is another matter, of course, as it's just one small part of a cool plugin universe you've created.

But DSM is a VERY cool tool.

Cheers.

Thanks for your response.  I have some "statistics"-based ideas like automatic transfer function, attack and release time choices, but this is too experimental to rely on it now.

Bumping this thread to see if this was given any further consideration.  I am considering purchasing DSM, but I would rather see what Aleksey might come up with if something is in the works.

leddy: Bumping this thread to see if this was given any further consideration.  I am considering purchasing DSM, but I would rather see what Aleksey might come up with if something is in the works.

Me too..!

Aleksey, tell us that this has high priority - Treat us with a release that'll blow the cobwebs off at KVR...!

;-)

We are working on Soniformer right now, but spectrum matching functionality is not in the development at the moment.

Ahh, too bad!  An automatic threshold analysis-setting would be a great time saver; it would not have to do anything fancy, just gather the average level and set the threshold accordingly..

But, looking forward to your improvements (whatever they may be) for one of my favorite plugins.

I love soniformer for getting a more 'tape-like' sound in the digital realm.

George Piazza - virtualaudio@aol.com

www.flymastering.com - Mastering, Mixing, Restoration

www.tombofmysteries.com - 'Supernatural Horror' = Music, Sound Design

http://www.reverbnation.com/tabularasanola - progressive rock group

http://www.facebook.com/george.piazza.10

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First