Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Killing CPU on Sample raters > 96K

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I like the sound and features of Soniformer2 very much, but I work with files that have sample rates greater than 96K (usually 192/32).  However, when using Soniformer2 to master in Wavelab 5, I often get terrible drop outs and usually no sound at all.

Is there a problem with such large sample rates (i'm droping them to 44.1 for export) or is my CPU just not powerful enough?

It may be true that Soniformer at 192k just uses too much CPU power - it may use more than 40% of a single core on even a modern CPU at such sample rate.

Ok, that's fine.  As long as I know the reason.  It's not too much, just too much to chain with other high CPU VSTs.  Love Soniformer, but my first purchase will be r8Brain I think - it's amazing but a little expensive I feel.

OK.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.