Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Soniformer display dB limits

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Dear Aleksey,

you know I am a Voxengo fan.  Mastering after mastering I am using many of your excellent plugins!  Some are simplier to work with, some hardier.  But I am learning a lot using them.

Now I am facing with this problem: mainly, I work with my baroque recordings (www.aliusmodum.com).

This repertoire is characterized by a lot of very low pianissimo, so I need to usually set - i.e. in VoxengoSPAN - the dB scale of Spectrum Analyzer to -120 db to see all the amplitude variations.

Unfortunatelly for me, Soniformer seems to only display down to -50 db and the 70% of the content of my recordings is below this limit.  In this case I can't see and tune it to match my dynamics.

I am missing something or is that a current limit of the Soniformer display?  In latter case, will be possible in the near future to have a larger display span?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

andrea

...andrea riderelli & aliusmodum...

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

You should probably use pre-gain for such recordings: and I'm pretty sure you are using a post-gain (otherwise you won't hear anything clearly at such low levels).  I mean you'll need to increase signal gain before routing it to Soniformer.

In either case I'm planning to add scaling option to Soniformer as well.

Aleksey Vaneev: You should probably use pre-gain for such recordings: and I'm pretty sure you are using a post-gain (otherwise you won't hear anything clearly at such low levels).  I mean you'll need to increase signal gain before routing it to Soniformer.

Aleksey Vaneev: In either case I'm planning to add scaling option to Soniformer as well.

Hi Aleksey,

I have no pre-gain option in some environment like the Edit View of Audition 2.  I have it in n-Track instead, where the plugin dialog box has pre and post gain pots.

BTW, since I usually leave some "air" up to 0 dB when recording a live baroque music performance, then I can amplify by mean of 3 or 6 dB in post-production.  But the overall dynamic is ever extremely lower than symphonic music.

I will wait for the new scaling system.  Meanwhile, I can use n-Track - with a +10 dB pre-gain > Soniformer > -10dB post-gain - to learn how to best use Soniformer.

Thank you again for your help!

Regards,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

OK, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. (it's true that Soniformer was designed to work with full-dBFS scale recordings mainly - i.e. those that do not have 30 dBFS of headroom).

Aleksey Vaneev: OK, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. (it's true that Soniformer was designed to work with full-dBFS scale recordings mainly - i.e. those that do not have 30 dBFS of headroom).

Aleksey, there's no problem at all!

I love your plug-ins very, very much and I understand very well all the effort they need!

Mine is just one of may cases you can consider.  Often, collaboration with users can show ways one can usually not see from the beginning.

That's what happens me every day in my musician life as in my IT life!

Thank you again!

Cheers,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Hi Aleksey,

this is only a "reminder" for the next Soniformer update...

Please don't forget it...

Thank you again,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

OK :)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.