Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Best starting point for Orchestral Mastering

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Alexis (others),

What has been everyone's best starting point setting (preset) for Soniformer2 for orchestral work.  I go between the 'radio' preset and 'Matering Compression'.

Sometimes the 'Radio' saps dynamics out of the soft orchestral material but on the loud full stuff does the job.

Would really appreciate your experience and maybe tweak ideas from these possible starting points.

Rob

It's hard to tell - depends on the material you have.  I really suggest you to grasp the concept - it is not difficult.  But then you can dial in any sound you want.

Perhaps, the best starting point would be selecting the appropriate Slope and setting up the threshold envelope - my quick suggestion would be to follow the shape on the spectrum analyzer.  After this has been done you can dial-in the ratios - use expander ratio on regions you want to boost, and compressor ratio on regions you want to cut.  Attack and release can be adjusted at a later step.

Aleksey Vaneev: It's hard to tell - depends on the material you have.  I really suggest you to grasp the concept - it is not difficult.  But then you can dial in any sound you want.

Aleksey Vaneev: Perhaps, the best starting point would be selecting the appropriate Slope and setting up the threshold envelope - my quick suggestion would be to follow the shape on the spectrum analyzer.  After this has been done you can dial-in the ratios - use expander ratio on regions you want to boost, and compressor ratio on regions you want to cut.  Attack and release can be adjusted at a later step.

Great starting point suggestions Aleksey.  Many thanks.  I really like the 'polishing of the stone' this Soniformer does.

Rob

You are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.