Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Stereo Width

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey,

Do you mind stating briefly the principle behind the stereo width paremater?  Is there (eg) some mid-side going on in the background?  Or...?

The reason I am asking is that I'm obsessed with not compromising mono-compatability (audibly).  BTW I do listen, and I do hit the mono button, and I can check phase in RME's software... so I guess it's more of a curiosity.

Thanks

Dave

It is exactly mid/side technique, but applied in multi-band manner.  Since it is mid/side technique, it is fully mono-compatible.

Thanks, Aleksey, that's good to know.

You are welcome!

Can "stereo width" be used as a stereo-enhancer?

Yes, it can be used for stereo expanding.  However, your audio should contain at least some stereo field information, because 'stereo width' is merely a multiplier of stereo field information.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.