Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Soniformer Demo

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I got Soniformer which I bought in a bundle.  Haven't used it at all, though.  Now that there is an update, the demos caught my eye.  So I listened to them.

Is it just me?  With perhaps one exception, the very first demo, I think they all sound better before Soniformer was applied.  Particularly the string example got too much treble and sounds obtrusive whereas it was nice and smooth before Soniformer.

You are probably right - Strings demo is not the excellent demo from the production point of view.  But its shows how sound can be adjusted and how 'clean' this adjustment can be - without additional distortion or unlikely coloration.

I won't agree on the other demos, though.  Probably, adjustment was not perfect, but it solved a couple of problems in each track.  Basically it was a pretty 'boxy' sound - maybe OK by itself, but its not from the mastering position.

Mastering is not about adding some 'hypey' elements - it is a necessary step to transform audio track to a more 'conforming' state - so that this track sounds optimal on various audio systems and at various volumes.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.