Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Input Slope Clarification

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

In the manual it states to "choose the input slope carefully since you may get a too bright or too dark mix if the slope chosen is unsuitable for the mix material." My question is when moving the Input Slope knob, should I be able to hear these changes via the preview button within Audition 1.5, or do I need to wait until I've actually processed the mix, using a more by guess and by gosh process to estimate the sound?

Thanks

To hear how Slope adjusts the sound set the Threshold envelope pretty low and set a moderate compression envelope.  Then, while adjusting the Slope you'll hear how compression shifts from one part of the spectrum to the other.

Slope setting itself does not alter the sound - it only affects level detection by 'rotating' spectrum (applying a constant gain expressed in Decibells per octave).

I sometimes wish many plugins had an input slope - I realize in this case it's hyping the detectors - but man what control!  Even in EQs this would be great...great gui/control implementation Aleksey!

So Input slope must be set to zero for standard adjusting like in other plugins that don't have this feature?

Yes, it should be set to zero.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.