Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Redunoise tell me more about that or in other words - whats the fuss?

newbie here....HI.

as i can tell about denoisers - plugins\ external gear... whatever,is, that the way it works is by reducing harmonics basically.thats the way Xnoise By Waves works i.e and probably any other Denoiser.

what is the idea behind Redunoise VST? i have a friend who's got it recently and tells me its so great i would throw away any other Denoiser i use. so,whats the fuss?

the thing is,denoisers are that gear where you really get what you pay for and that deal of yours seams really tempting.

so how does it work really? what is its limitations? what coloration does it implements on a given wav form?

i'm intrested in a good denoiser,partly because lately iv'e been working on some field recordings that demand that kind of gear in order to have some good results regardless of the gear used for recording.......

Thnx

N

Hello,

Redunoise is unique in its class because it features a very high resolution analysis and filtering.  This is the main element that makes Redunoise so unique.  Another element which makes comprehensive control possible are frequency-dependent envelopes for each parameter.

Thanks for the explanation Al

so you mean that each frequency range can be controled separately by its own env'? ...hmm...well that makes it different i guess from any other DEn' i know...whick probbably makes it so Heavy load on the CPU ....i guess, but nevertheless it sounds really powerfull...i'll DLD the DEMo to have a go with it...by the way does it have some kind of EQ type of behavior?

N

Envelope is useful for this kind of process because the lower frequencies usually need a little different parameters, including attack/release, reduction and others, in comparison to the higher frequencies.

For Redunoise it is much more true that it works like a sophisticated equalizer - it does not use the widespread FFT filtering technique.

HI Aleksey,you're so Quick with Your replies man....

well here's my impression of the Redunoise testing

first,it took me half an hour or so to understand the way it behaves but then i was pretty amazed with its capabilities...so,it really works like a very Sof' EQ indeed,which i think is one of its strengths.i took a really bad "field recording" where i wanted to isolate a certain range but still keep the airy feeling of the place,say hmm... between 2-12KHz,well - it worked pretty good.on the other hand i got in some other tests a kind of flanging tailpiece to the noiseless range which sugests that this great piece of work of yours IS behaving in the "harmonics reduction" way

and here is where i'd like to get better results and i have the feeling that with this VST i might be able too.

what would you sugest?

thnx for you quick replies.

N

It's pretty hard to suggest you anything not knowing what are you working on and what do you want to get in the end.  Probably you should try adjusting Reduction, Threshold and Trans Band envelopes in 'noiseless' parts so that the process does not touch them at all.

I recently purchased the Redunoise.  For some reason, I notice an incredible noise reduction during fx preview in Sound Forge.  Then when I render it to track, most of the noise exists still...what am I doing wrong?

Ah, that is a known issue: SoundForge by some reason does not reread the preset and uses the one it stored previously.  To resolve this you should touch the Out or the Mix knob back and forth.  I know that sounds like a funny solution, but there is no other workaround currently available - unless you can ask SoundForge's staff to fix this.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.