Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO User definable sample rates

Last

Next

Previous

First

Aleksey,

I work for a video game company, and very often, we have to convert output files to other rates than what you have available.  In fact, depending on RAM limitations, we can have 20+ different sample rates in one title alone (<6,000Hz to 48kHz).

I would love to see customizable sample rates in your product.  But, since your program works by resampling to a least common multiple sample rate, I'm not how difficult it would be to implement such a feature.

If this feature were to be implemented, I would buy the software in a heartbeat.  The listening tests that I have done so far have really impressed me!

Sincerely,

Brian

Unfortunately, currently I'm not able to implement an arbitrary sample rate support because conversion from one sample rate to another usually requires to adjust some parameters by hand.

I just do not know what to offer you here.  I can probably add several (but not 20+ of course) other sample rates.

Aleksey,

Even adding a 6 to 8 evenly spaced rates from 8kHz to 48kHz would be very useful, and I would be happy to suggest rates if that would help.  The reason I'm not suggesting rates in this post is because I don't know what would work better in your code.  I'm not sure if some rates are 'easier' than others (for example, would sticking to multiples of 44.1kHz and 48kHz be best?).

Sincerely,

Brian

It's not the requirement to use multiples of 44.1kHz and 48kHz, but some samplerates can be non-acceptable (i.e. they would calculate for eternity).

Aleksey,

After talking with my sound designers, we came up with a few rates that would be helpful to have: 8,000 , 11,025 , 14,000 , 18,000 and 24,000.  This is the smallest list of rates that we could come up with.

As a side note, I am still waiting for our purchasing department to come through on the purchase order.  I can't wait to get the software!

Sincerely,

Brian

I will add this to my 'todo' list.  Hopefully I can incorporate support for these sample rates without hassle.

Just wanted to tell that I have posted r8brain PRO 1.2.2 beta which features some of the 'nonstandard' sample rates.

Alexsy,

Sorry about the late reply, but work has been unbeliveably busy.  I am anxious to try out the new rates, and I'll be able to in a few week.  I'll really put it through it's paces, as I have about 60,000 files that I need to convert!

Thanks for all of your effort!

Brian

p.s.  My sound designers are happy with your other products.  Soon, I expect to own all of your plugs-ins!

OK, let me know how conversion with these 'nonstandard' files works.

Alexsey,

The conversion worked great!  Everything sounded perfect on the 15,000 files that I converted.

Thanks for your hard work, and thanks for adding this feature to the best downsampler out there!

Brian

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First