Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO File recovery problem

I wonder whether r8brain pro might provide an answer to my file recovery problem.

I have a one hundred twenty eight track recording as (nominally) 48K mono wav files.  These were input to the recording device on two MADI streams.  The problem which went unnoticed at the time of recording was that the MADI streams were not synchronous.  One was clocking at 48K, the other at (probably something like) 46K, although all the files are flagged as 48K..

I am wondering whether to batch convert everything to, say, 96K and then convert back to 48K might be a way to resolve this.

Has anyone had a similar problem?  Any suggestions or advice on the proposal, or any other ideas, greatfully received.

Kind regards

Malcolm Stokes

I think this is not possible to do automatically if there is no distinction between 48k and 46k files.

Aleksey, what kind of distinction is necessary?  Is the fact they are all flagged as 48K the problem?

mstokes: Aleksey, what kind of distinction is necessary?  Is the fact they are all flagged as 48K the problem?

Yes, that's the main problem.  It's not possible to understand the real sample rate of a file without manual auditioning since the difference between spectral content of 48kHz and 46kHz is small - otherwise one could analyze the drop of the higher frequencies to decide which is which.  In any case, it's a custom problem - I can't offer you a solution.

OK, thank you Aleksey.  I'm grateful.  Presumably you would expect one of the 46K files to be unchanged after SRCing to 48K?

You are welcome.  First of all, you have to detect 46k files.  Without that step, any logic is irrelevant.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.